On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 06:55, Barry Michels wrote:
> Am I wrong in the assumption that there's no such concept in Gnome?  No
> windows have that option and the few apps that have their own 'on top'
> function don't work.  (XMMS comes to mind)
>
> Barry

Because Gnome2 is the desktop and MetaCity(MegaShitty) is the window
manager, there is alot of functionality that has disappeared from the
Gnome environment. You can change to a different window manager - like
good old Sawfish - which allows you to have complete control over window
behavior. Have you gone through the MetaCity settings as well as the
Gnome Control Panel to double check on your efforts? (Not that it will
allow you too much deviation from what they've thrown together - hence
my move back to Gnome 1.4.8 and Sawfish as my window manager...)

--
Thu Nov 21 07:25:00 EST 2002

--------------------------------
|            __    __          |
|           /  \ /| |'-.       |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |kuhn media australia
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |http://kma.0catch.com
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |stephen kuhn
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     |mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     |linux user:267497

If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs,
then the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.