On Sun, 2002-11-24 at 05:38, FemmeFatale wrote:
> At 12:45 AM 11/24/2002 +1100, you wrote:
> >Just installed the update for Q3 that makes it work again with Mdk 9.0,
> >but sound seems to be a problem.  If I have the aRts server running, Q3
> >stalls at sound initialization.  If I stop the aRts server, then it
> >runs, but of course without sound.
> >
> >XMMS plays nicely through the aRts server, so the right drivers would
> >seem to be in place.  Any tips out there?
> >
> >TIA
> >Brian
>

> I don't remember the answer BUT this is in the archives for this
> list.  This years IIRC too.  Check for Quake 3 ? :)
>
> I believe it was a DarkLord post that solved it.
> ---
> Femme

Thanks for that, but the solution there was to shut down the aRts
server.  That certainly gets things running, but without sound.  I think
Quake must require bog standard OSS emulation.  As I'm using alsa with a
multichanel sound card, I might need to get a little deeper into
modules.conf settings to get this going.

cheers
Brian