hello Wang Wei,

if you're new to linux, if you're using Mandrake,
it may be better to stick to using Mandrake specific
rpms for installing software, instead of compiling
from scratch.

better still if you can find rpms specific for your
version of Mandrake.

you can find Mandrake 9.0 sylpheed rpms at
        http://gcutter.free/fr/logiciels/en.html