On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 23:48, Derek Jennings wrote:
> A script placed in ~/bash_profile will execute when you log in, but I do not
> know how to select a networking profile from a script. You would also have to
> consider how you would tell the system it was being used at Home or Office?
>
> I think I would just use the drop down list of profiles in the net_monitor GUI
> when I wanted to change the access method :)
>
> derek
>

> On Wednesday 27 Nov 2002 11:29 am, Marcos Nobre wrote:
> > Ok Derek, I will proceed with your advises about Cooker`s softwares.
> >
> > Suppose that I develop 3 profiles with "Network Connect GUI"
> > of Mdk9 as you sad : 1=Home / 2=Office-A / 3=Office-B.
> >
> > My big doubt is how can I inform (setting up) some of them at
> > boot (login) time ?
> >
> > I need to power-on my Notebook, waiting for loading OS and
> > than, at Login fase, I need to define that my environment (network
> > settings) will be X, or Y or Z. Understood ?
> >
> > Is there a way to do this?
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Marcos Nobre
> >
> > Derek Jennings wrote:

> > >Installing Cooker packages is likely to cause problems, unless you are
> > > know what you are doing, and should be avoided.
> > >If you want to define multiple profiles you can do that quite easily in
> > >Mandrake 9.0 using the Network Connect GUI.
> > >If you want to select a profile you can do that using the
> > >/usr/sbin/net_monitor application which is the same as the 'Internet' GUI
> > > on your desktop.
> > >If you want to use net_monitor without having to give root password you
> > > can read how to do that here
> > > http://www.jennings.homelinux.net/dialup.html
> > >
> > >derek

MDK comes with linuxconf - and you can set linuxconf to give you the
ability to change profiles prior to the initialization of all the bootup
services...give that a go...

--
Thu Nov 28 15:25:00 EST 2002
   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

Nature abhors dimensional abnormalities, and seals them neatly away so that
they don't upset people. Nature, in fact, abhors a lot of things, including
vacuums, ships called the "Marie Celeste", and the chuck keys for electric
drills.
(Pyramids)