On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 02:08, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Well, we have been discussing how we can get more media coverage.  I think
> something like this would be invaluable - a real application of how to use it
> for a specific market.  There are obvious packages for kids under windows,
> but it's not well-known that you can set up a whole user base for such
> youngsters under linux.
>
> Anne

The people who do "Rox" and the people who do "Oroborus" probably
wouldn't mind too much if you took the code from both and "melted" them
into one package - any of y'all remember the Apple Kids Desktop?

I've like Rox since I first played with it, and though I've only
installed Oroboros as a test WM, it's not bad...just needed a bit of
tweaking...

Overall, though, Enlightenment, Blackbox, Fluxbox, Hackedbox, Openbox -
they can be reconfigured to NOT utilize a root menu by modifying the
mouse configs - hence letting Roxfiler do it's thing...

It really wouldn't take much effort to put a "package" together - only a
matter of planning out what applications come in the "package" and how a
"configuration" program is setup for the "package"...

"Plan the work and work the plan" - as my dad used to say...

--
Thu Nov 28 15:40:00 EST 2002
   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

He who attacks the fundamentals of the American broadcasting industry
attacks democracy itself.
                -- William S. Paley, chairman of CBS