On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 11:20, Richard J. wrote:
> I have no idea how to get my modem to connect to the internet. All I am
> getting is my computer picking up the, the dial tone, then it wont dial.
>
> This is the script or whatever that happens when I try to connect
>
> ATZ
> OK
> ATS11=22
> OK
> ATM1L1
> OK
> ATDT087303030
>
> Then it does nothing more than that.
>
> If anyone can help me, I'd be grateful, otherwise I think I will go back to
> microsoft until I get DSL
>
> thanks

Have you tried using the following:

ATZ
AT &F &C1 &D2 E1
ATDTW 087303030

Give that a go and see what happens mate!

--
Fri Nov 29 12:25:00 EST 2002
   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

One possible reason that things aren't going according to plan
is that there never was a plan in the first place.