On Friday 29 Nov 2002 1:04 am, Sekurity Wizard wrote:
> OK - I'm frustrated!  I've done this 3 times now and every time the
> install appears PERFECT, except when I reboot, it goes straight to
> WinXP.  No LILO, nothing.  I take the default location for LILO from the
> installer, figure it would know best, and 3 times - nothing!
>
> How can I fix this?!  How do I know where to put LILO? (boot
> partition?).
>
> Thanks - I'm lost - this sucks.

Do you have more than one hard drive?
I am wondering if you are writing Lilo to one hard drive and your Bios is
booting from the other.

Also did you try Grub?  I do not use it myself, but it is real easy to switch.
No need for a reinstall. Just go through the 'Boot' section in Mandrake
Control Centre.

derek