>Hey all, just got my Linux 9 distro installed on this WinXP dual-boot box.
>I have to say, the sound in WinXP whoops the sound I get in Linux.  What
>can I do to fix that?

It helps if you tell what soundcard you use...

>Also, I have a few other miscellanious questions for the list:
>1. What's a good "file manager" type application?  Nautilus plain sucks.

mc if you like textversions. Gentoo or roxfiler are okay as graphical
programs.

>2. What do you all use for burning data CD's?  XCD Roast is only for audio
>copying as far as I can tell?

mkisofs, cdrdao and cdrecord.

If you need a graphical shell: gcdmaster is the wrapper around cdrdao.
Another nice one is e-roaster (spelling uncertain).

xcdroast should also do datafiles, afaik.

Paul

--
Kings stand more in need of the company of the intelligent
than the intelligent do of the society of kings.

http://nlpagan.net    -    Linux Mandrake 8.2     -   Sylpheed 0.8.6
Help Microsoft combat software piracy: give Linux to a friend today!