On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 16:32:09 +0200
"Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anthony Abby wrote:
> >
> > Finding out the status of their order for a boxed set of Mandrake 9.0?
> > I have tried contacting them four times via email now, and even placed a
> > phone call yesterday and left a message.  Never received a response, nor
> > have I received my boxed set even though they charged my credit card
> > several weeks ago.
> >
> > Anthony
> Hi Anthony,
>
> I have also had problems in finding out where my Mdk 9 boxed set is. I
> wish there was an email contact I could use to find out or even a
> website but alas Mdk aren't that USER friendly, dare I say like M$?

To be fair, you cannot really compare a tiny tiny operation like Mandrake's
with a multi-billion dollar giant like Microsoft.  Mandrake is struggling
to survive and probably have very few staff with the time to oil the wheels.

On a related track; we may bitch about deficiencies and awkwardness in the
software and packages like Gnome2 and Nautilus (mea culpa) but most of this
stuff is put together and developed by very small groups of dedicated people
without renumeration and little personal recognition.

--
Len Lawrence