On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 09:52, Karotu Tannang wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm currently administrating a small dial-up network/domain with the help
> of webmin. At time to time, I wish to send an important notice to all users
> registered on the network. Does Mandrake or Webmin have a sort of a global
> email address that will automatically represents ALL users on the network
> rather than having to copy all the users and then update the list whenever
> there is a change?
>
> I actually have done that hard part now but I know I have left out the
> extra email aliases in Postfix. I do hope there is a global list that exist
> so that I could email everybody straight away.
>
> Also, I am worried that if the list exists, are there limitations on who
> can send such emails? I certainly don't want spammers on my network.
>
> Thanks again in advance,
>
> Karotu

You should be able to create a "user group" (unix group) and then add
whomever you wish to have in it - then you should be able to send email
to that group...

--
Wed Dec  4 11:25:00 EST 2002
   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

Come, let us hasten to a higher plane,
Where dyads tread the fairy fields of Venn,
Their indices bedecked from one to _n,
Commingled in an endless Markov chain!
                -- Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"