Ok...there's been a few questions from people as to how "Internet
Connection Sharing", or ICS in Windows, can be setup and utilized on a
single modem, with a single ethernet card on a small network (or a home
network - whatever)...well, for those that need it up and running FAST
without heaps of BS and hassle, here's the skinny using IPCHAINS. Mind
you that YOU are responsible for setting up the other firewall rules as
each of us does our own thing...ok?

Locate your ipchains script, and at the bottom of the script, add the
following (and make sure to sub YOUR internet IP network where mine is -
I'm using the basic 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0, but some of y'all are
doing different things)

/sbin/ipchains -P forward DENY
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -i ppp0 -s 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 -j MASQ

On your client machines, I'm assuming you're using static IP's, so make
sure you add your 192.168.0.1 as the gateway, and as one of the DNS
servers - the other DNS server should be the one for your ISP (main one,
or you can choose from the thousands of other DNS servers out in the
world if you want to be difficult)

Bloody easy - and if you're in a tight spot as I've been before, and the
"other" users on your home network are freaking out cuz you're mucking
around in linux and they're sitting there patiently waiting for ICQ or
Yahoo! Messenger to work again, at least this offers a quick fix. Been
there done that!

--
Wed Dec  4 18:20:00 EST 2002
   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

If you sit down at a poker game and don't see a sucker, get up.  You're
the sucker.