----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrei Raevsky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 00:17:55 +0100
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Flash 6.0beta rpm

> Hi Angus,
>
> Thanks for the link!  But who/what exactly is this tex?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andrei
> >
> >Greetings, I can recall someone on the list looking for an rpm package to
> >install Flash. Well, I see that Tex has released an rpm of the latest
> >6.0beta plugin for Mozilla 1.1.
> >
> >It would be available for Galeon to use w/this rpm install too I believe.
> >
> >I use the Flash 6.0beta and it's working great.....w/Opera too!
> >
> >It can be had here:
>
>>ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/contrib/texstar/linux/distributions/mandrake/9.0/rpms/mozilla-flash-6.0beta1-1tex.i586.rpm
> >
> >All the best.
> >

> >--Angus

Hi Andrei,
I don't know a lot about Texstar, but he is very highly respected in Linux circles,
and he produces a lot of really cool software packages. You can check out his stuff
for Mdk 9.0 here:
ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/contrib/texstar/linux/distributions/mandrake/9.0/

You can learn more about Texstar at this site:
http://www.pclinuxonline.com/index.php

Others on this list can probably tell you much more than I can about Tex. I'm new to
the world of Linux. :-)

All the best to you!

PS. If you install Tex's rpms, you may get a warning about bad signatures or some
such. It is safe to ignore the warning for Tex's packages. This I have been told. I
have installed several of Tex's rpms with good results.

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness."--James
Thurber