it should also be possible to load the core dump file in the gdb and backtrace the problem...

gdb -core=<core file name>

raffaele

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
That's a great idea.
Thanks.

Stephen Kuhn wrote:

Try using an editor to look through the headers on the coredump files -
or use a hexeditor if you have to - THEN you'll be able to locate the
criminal application...

This is why I tend to make sure that all my lib paths and app paths are
absolutely correct when I first get done with my installation - then
it's easier for me to track out the rogues...if any...as well, keep a
firm eye on your logfiles, too...there are several applications that are
aimed at logging your bad applications - it's just a matter of finding
the ones that are right for you...