On Sat, 2002-12-07 at 14:59, jason wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I have a problem with Kmail.
> yesterday I did a clean install of mdk9
> after a messy upgrade trial so i backed everything up
> across the network and did the reinstall got the network
> going and as usual put the Mail folder back in my home directory
> and started kmail works everytime right thats what i thought
>
> kmail just hangs at initialise if i rename the mail folder and reboot
> start kmail again it creates a folder and starts no problem but if
> i try to swap folders across from the old folder in hangs again
> is there anyway of importing these files or have i lost them
> regs and thanks in advance
> jason

Did you change the permissions on the folder and it's contents?
Because if you didn't you're going to have problems.

--
Sat Dec  7 17:05:00 EST 2002
  5:05pm  up  4:21,  4 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.17, 0.17
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

... it is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of them by the
sense of achievement you get from getting them to work at all.  In other
words... their fundamental design flaws are completely hidden by their
superficial design flaws.
        -- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, on the products
           of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.