Robin Turner wrote:
John Richard Smith wrote:

When Americans start to complain of how other nations media
portray them, it is a sure sign that the great American Public is
starting to question the news spin of the American Media system.

I can well remember much the same sequence of events surrounding
the then Vientan war situation. It took time, but eventually , as more and
more American troops returned with stories about what their Governement
was doing out there, in their name , grandually that self same American
public opinion changed.So to will the sequence of events today as
far as the middle east is concerned..

My ownly real concern here, is , when this happens, and as
it happens, the great Amertican public will gradually become
more and more anitsemitic as a consequence of how they feel
cheated and betrayed. I am affraid it is going to happen.
When Americans get a constant diet of how Saddam Hussein
has used weapons of mass destruction on his own people and
yet how Israeli troops bulldozed an appartment block full
of civillians down for no more solid reason that they suspected
it contain terrorists, in Jennin, then they come to question why
their media is so lacking in objectivity, and that their Governemnts
attempts at spin doctoring, are just that. I believe that as this
happens Europe will be looked upon as not sufficiently
anti-semitic enough.

Good points, but please mark off-topic posts "OT" - then I know to open them first ;-)

Sir Robin
even better...post them on the off topic list?

Mark