Hello Folks, I thought I'd give you an update on my final decision, How it
worked out, and my opinions.
Having purchased a new harddrive yesterday, I partitioned it and loaded
Win2000 for any unsupported devices ( such as the HP 315 camera ), And also
so that I could download Mandrake 9.0, ( Having decided to give it a try, If
it didn't work out I could always reload 8.2 ).
Having burned the 3 discs last night I proceeded to load Mandrake this A.M.
Here are 2 words to describe my experiences thus far :
 OH YEAHHHHHHHHHH..... This is slick, cool , groovy, fantastic, awesome...
uhhh, ok more than 2 words, Anyway All went well.
There is one problem though, My sound card doesn't work, and I can't configure
it. But Windows won't either so I think it might be crapola.

Here is my general opinion:.

It isn't that Linux isn't ready for PrimeTime, It's that PrimeTime isn't ready
for Linux.