Toshiba Tecra 9000... have you tried Mandrake 9 on a laptop of that model?

From: Mark Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Red Hat rescues me [adr]
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 00:16:14 -0500

A. A. wrote:
"Me too"...

Regrettably I could not get Mandrake 9.0 to work successfully on my laptop, and the problem is in the IDE detection code. I have already posted some information about the symptoms I saw, perhaps they will be useful to the folks at Mandrake. It seems that the kernel they built does not properly support the ICH3M chipset: I would love to see the exact errors the rest of you are getting.

What kind of laptop cause it runs wonderfully on the Toshiba Portege I'm using at work. Most painless install I've ever experienced. including a few of the many windows installs I've done over the years. Win2K Professional being the easiest for that platform.

Mark