On Sunday 08 December 2002 02:42, walt wrote:
> It could be that mandrake 9.0 is not compatible with your machine. I
> had to put mandrake 8.2 on my computer, which works beautifully, make
> a boot disk using an older kernel image, boot to that disk and then
> was able to do an update to 8.2. If I tried a clean install, it
> wouldn't work. Everything is working fine right now and I am hoping
> that when a newer kernel comes out I will be able to use it and that
> my computer will work with it. It is the chipset that is causing
> problems for me.

Same on my newlyfound server. Mandrake will install, but wont boot.
Don't know where the problem resides, but I've installed another
graphicsaccelerator now, so I'll try to see it it works. It could also
me my chipset, I don't know for sure.

All I know, is that Linux is more picky than Windows.

--
Martin L. Johansen
Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)