From: "Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 12/12/02 12:26 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] 9.0 won't work here - need help.

> System - Shuttle motherboard - Athlon 900mhz CPU, 384 megs ram, 60 gig IBM
Deskstar HD, Nvidia Geforce2 with 64 megs ram, SB Xgamer Live sound card,
Adaptec 2930 SCSI card with SCSI Toshiba DVD/Plextor CDRW/Umax Astra 1200
Scanner, IDE Zip, WinTV tuner card, Linksys network card, external Creative
modem blaster modem.

9.0 installs beautiflly, finds (almost) everything (it did not setup 3D
acceleration on my Nvidia card - v8.1, and v8.2 did) configures, offers
congratulations at the end before rebooting:

Using a normal boot - gets to "setting hostname darkforce.com" stops. Requires
a hard power on/off.

Using the non-frame buffer boot: gets to "finding module dependencies" stops.
Requires a hard power off/on.

Version 8.2 of Mandrake was faultless on this setup. A friend of mine had been
asking me to try Libranet 2.7 so since my system was "bottoms up" anyways, I
tried it. Installed fautlessly. (well, I had to hand-edit the config files to
get the modem to hook up with my provider). No other problems - in fact I'm
using it to send this "S.O.S.". :-)

Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do? I'm using the 3 - CD download
version purchased from LinuxCentral. I don't think there is anything wrong
with it because I used it to install 9.0 on my 9 year olds (very basic)
computer with no problems.

I'll give this a couple of days - then if I can't get a resolution, I'll
reinstall v8.2, which does work here... :-(

Thanks everyone.

--

                                                      /\
                                              Dark< >Lord