On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Mike Fieschko wrote:

>     Jeanette> I have used fetchmail on my other systems.  Just tried
>     Jeanette> to set it up on Mandrake. Got fetchmail:SMTP error: 451
>     Jeanette> owner [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sender domain must
>     Jeanette> resolve?
>
> This looks as if another machine is rejecting your mail because the
> name of your machine isn't resolvable to a numeric IP address.

No, it's because the machine can't resolve the sender domain,
linux-mandrake.com.
Check your DNS settings... Can you ping linux-mandrake.com from the same
machine at the same time?

This feature is introduced to prevent people from sending a common form of
SPAM (with the sender set to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
or the likes).

LLaP
bero

--