Hello

I have installed "The Complete LINUX OPERATING SYSTEM 6.0" on my computer
using the "Wortstation" class, but there are problems.  The Linux cannot
detect my LS-120 super drive.  Below are the messages occurred during the
system boot up:

.
.  (other messages here)
.
hdd:  ,ATAPI UNKNOWN (type 31) drive
.
.  (other messages here)
.
/dev/hdd: device not configured
                                                         [FAILED]
.
.  (other messages here)
.

Also if I add the line "vga=normal" in the file "lilo.conf", an error
message "VGA mode presetting is not supported by your kernel." will occur
after I run "/sbin/lilo".  I thought my kernel's settings was not
appropriate, so I reconfigured my kernel, with the options "Include
IDE/ATAPI FLOPPY support" and "Video mode selection support" enabled, then
recompiled my kernel.  But after all these the above two problems still
exist.

The steps I have taken to compile the kernel are listed below.
1.  Install all "devel" packages.
2.  Install the kernel source.
3.  Change to "/use/src/linux" and "make mrproper".
4.  "make xconfig" and configured the settings
5.  "make dep;make clean;make bzImage"
6.  Copy "bzImage" to "/boot"
7.  Copy "System.map" to "/boot"
8.  Edit "/etc/lilo.conf"