El jue, 12-12-2002 a las 11:48, Mr. VLE79E escribió:
> I am planning to run two boxes. A Linux box to be my http server and a win
> box for developing web sites...

I'm not answering your question, but if you don't mind my jumping in may
I suggest you rethink your idea to use a Windows box for website
development. I do websites and use Windows only at gunpoint. The apps
available in Linux are so far beyond what Windows has to offer that
there is no comparison.

Code editors? Bluefish and Quanta beat their Windows brethren.
Preprocessors? What few there are for Windows are mostly ports or
ripoffs from *nix. WYSIWYG? I recommend hand coding, but IBM's Websphere
stands up well to Dreamweaver. M$ Runt Page is too unworthy for
comparison. Image editors? Gimp compares very well to Photoshop.

Granted, if you have a favorite tool that you just can't live without,
you might be stuck with Windows if it won't run in Wine. I still need a
Windows box around to test my sites in M$IE. And if you do ASP, you may
well want your web server to be IIS on Windows. But in general, I think
you'll find Linux far superior to Windows for website development. YMMV,
as always.
--
Warren Post
Santa Rosa de Copán, Honduras