On Saturday 14 Dec 2002 1:59 am, David Williams wrote:
> OK, I give up.
> I have a four computer network at home. I am running Linux on mine and
> Win98 on the other three. I have been using Samba  so I can copy files and
> etc and to share a printer on my computer with the others.
>
> Everything has been working fine and now my computer and printer can't be
> seen on the net. (I have very recently changed the monitor settings from
> 800X600 to 1024X768 and got my background sound to work.)  That is the only
> thing that I have done.
>
> Under SWAT smb is running and nmb is not if I try to start nmb I get the
> errors below logged to the log.nmbd file.
>
> I have no idea what is failing or how to fix it or where to look to find
> out how to fix it.
> David

<snip>

Hi David.
Have a look at your linux settings using webmin first to see if drakconfig
decided to switch your linux box's IP addy/change your LAN IP range. This
will throw samba off a bit sometimes. [it did when I was installing the
nvidia drivers].
Webmin makes a very good base setting 99% of the time. It also gives you the
option to restart the samba server from within it's pages.
Also worth looking at is your /etc/hosts file to see if you have added your
windows boxs and their local.domain.names plus alias's.

Let us know how you get on.

regards
magnet