Anthony Abby wrote:

On Sun, 2002-12-15 at 12:41, Andrei Raevsky wrote:

Hi,

I got my first computer with a DVD driver. I ran to the local library to rent a movie to test in, lauched Xine and got a message than Xine cannot run encrypted DVDs.... How can a commercial DVD be encrypted? Does this have something to do with the fact that I heared that US DVDs cannot be played in Europe or Asia? Is this some regional problem?

My Mandrake 9 was purchased in France, my computer and DVD driver are US, but built in Japan...

Is there a software out there which will run "encrypted DVDs" (whatever this means)?

you need to load up the dvd css libraries found on the plf website. http://plf.zarb.org/

Anthony

ftp://ftp.easynet.fr/plf/9.0/i586/
lists 16 xine packages, which ones is the css files ?
john

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]