I downloaded Mandrake ISO's to one machine; then used these for an ftp install on a second machine. Sometime after the installation, access to anything through the nic wouldn't work. I finally did get some results when I changed from DHCP to static ip. But now there's a different problem. Earlier this week, I happened to reboot the machine and when it came up, the system 'forgot' it had a network card. When I went into MCC, there was no card listed, but as I went through the wizard, previous setting were 'remembered' and the system worked again. Today, I happened to do another reboot, amd the same thing happened again. Am I missing something simple for the system to 'remember' it has a nic during a reboot.

Frank