On Sunday 15 Dec 2002 6:42 am, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> On Friday 13 Dec 2002 7:02 am, Todd Slater wrote:
> > On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 19:21:35 +0530
> >
> > "L.V.Gandhi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I am using KDM for login in mdk 9. I want a script to be executed as
> > > root whenever somebody do login so that it can modify permission of
> > > some files that can be changed only by root. How to do it?
> >
> > How about creating a new group, changing the group of those files to
> > the new group, giving that group write permissions on those files, then
> > adding whatever user to that group?
>
> I have created /var/spool/Mail folder and symlinked it to Mail in each
> user's home folder so that everyone can see, compose, send and download
> mail using kmail. If some composes and sends mail, permission is
> automatically changed only for that user for outbox and sent mail. If he
> downloads mail, permission for inbox also changes. Hence I made a script to
> change permission to all rw and getting it executed using kppp
> option(dialup account). I want fellows to work in kmail without starting
> kppp. hence the requirement of running the script as root while login. any
> simpler method to achieve my above objective is also welcome.

If you define a KMail receive account which has 'Local Mailbox' selected as
the account type, then Kmail will fetch mails from /var/spool/mail/user_name
and will save them in ~/Mail

It is also possibe to use procmail to take mails from Postfix, and distribute
them to whatever folders you please.
You will find an example of postfix/procmail if you follow the link below.

HTH
derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net