On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 05:42, Adolfo Bello wrote:
> I am really new to Linux (less than 3 months) and want to start doing
> all my web programming under Mandrake 9.
>
> What are the best text editors? I would really like something with
> regexp, syntax color, automatic indenting, able to open several files at
> once. Either graphic or text based.
>
> Now working with vi (I like its regexp search and replace) but I hate
> its limited copy-cut-paste capabilities.
>
> I work with Ultraedit under Windowz. Something like it for Linux will do
> it.
>
> Your opinions will be highly appreciated.
>
> Adolfo

Kedit, Kate, Bluefish, Screem and Quanta.

--
Tue Dec 17 05:45:00 EST 2002
  5:45am  up  8:46,  4 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.37, 0.55

   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
--------------------------------
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

> Yes *please*! Finally we could introduce proper support for 64-bit
> inode numbers too!

Right.  As soon as userland is audited for places where it uses int
for storing inode numbers - just a couple of months after MS fixes
all security holes in their software.  By then we'll need 128bit time_t,
though...

        - Al Viro on linux-kernel