12/17/02 9:45:27 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Greg)
wrote:

> Hi Every one   My son is interested in Linux    He bought
his own computer  and I loaded win 98 for so he can play his
games  He started playing games on my MDK 9.0 box and
now he wants 9.0 also  I can not find any good info on how
to load 9.0 on to he box with win 98   Can any one give me
any help   I have been with MDK since 7.0 but never a dual
boot machine   HELP    Thanks  Greg

   Check out the demos and tutorials at mandrake.com
Excellent sorce of info. I have done several dual boot
installations with win 98 SE and ML 9.0 and it is super easy.
Just run scandisk and defrag in windoze and reboot the
machine with the mandrake installation CD (you may want
to back up any valuable data on windoze first) (although in
my experance it has never been a issue)
   Mandrake will do a nice job of walking you through the
graphical installation, including adding the new partisions for
mandrake and adding the new boot loader for dual boot. Just
read all the instructions on all the installation screens and
use most of the default settings and you will probably not
have any problems.

   Good Luck
    Marc