On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 00:59, Aurélio Diniz wrote:
> Stephens,
> I supouse that samba can automout my windows network. Right?
> It seems that is something wrong with samba.
> When i pass the startup (hiting Enter twice when it hangs on that smb line)
> i can't see the files of
> /mnt/diskc
> /mnt/diskd
> these disks are from a win2000 machine which is connected to my network.
> I need to these disks to be automounted.
> In the MCC "Samba mounting points" when i click on "mount" the systems just
> freezes. Letting me with no choice that is to kill the window. :(
> The only way that i found to mount correctly the disk is to login with my
> root account. But this login and logout process is quite boring..
> How can i automount the disks?
>
> Yes, the shutdown problem (not always happens) is when unmounting the
> network ntfs partition.
>
> Thanks stephens for your help,
>
> Filipe
>
> p.s. i'll try this afternoon to solve my other problem (VMWARE) like you
> suggested.

As was stated before, you should probably run smbpasswd for your root
account and double check all your Samba settings. If you're haning on
the smb service starting, there is either an issue with a password or an
issue with the networking engine. Maybe you can post your
/etc/samba/smb.conf for us to see? Maybe the problem lies therein?

For your shutdown, you can setup a script to unmount partitions/network
drives, etc - do you think that might help in your issues with your
shutdown?

--
Thu Dec 19 07:25:00 EST 2002
  7:25am  up 52 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.43, 0.46, 0.41

   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
--------------------------------
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

Lighten up, while you still can,
Don't even try to understand,
Just find a place to make your stand,
And take it easy.