well, i've never had to do that manually before, but I
did go into the commonhttpd.conf file and add those
lines ... actually, they were already there but
commented, so I uncommented them and restarted, but
with no change in the result ...

(i should also point out that on previous
installatiions, I've used mandrake 8.1 non-server
edition, but I don't know if that's really relevant)

any other ideas?

thanks,

kenn

--- Todd Slater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 06:44:26AM -0800, Kenn
> Murrah wrote:
> > Greetings ...
> >
> > I know I've done this a dozen time before, but
> today
> > I'm having trouble installing PHP on my Mandrake
> Linux
> > Server 8.2 ...
> >
> > I've installed php, mod_php, php-mysql, and
> php-gd,
> > but my php-encoded web pages still refuse to work
> > (i.e., they display the php code) ...
> >
> > what am i doing wrong here?
> >
> > any and all help appreciated.
> >
> > thanks,
>
> Do you have it set up in your commonhttpd.conf?
> i.e.,
>
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>
> Todd
>
> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from
MandrakeSoft?