On Thursday 19 December 2002 12:28 pm, Amichai Rotman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am having the same problem every time I try to compile a KDE app from the
> source (like KSIDPlayer):
>
> While running the ./configure script I get an error it can't find KDE >=
> 2.2.1...
>
> I have KDE 3.0.3 installed on MDK 8.2.
>
> I dug a bit into this and found that the QTDIR variable isn't set. I also
> tried to tell the script where the QT is istalled by passing it in the
> command-line - no luck - same effect.
>
> Any ideas? How do I set the var so it will stay between boots?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Amichai.

Have you made sure to install the relevant development kde rpm's.
eg;
kdelibs-devel-3.0.3-30mdk.i586.rpm
kdebase-devel-3.0.3-68mdk.i586.rpm
kdemultimedia-devel-3.0.3-7mdk.i586.rpm

There may also be other kde*-devel-*.rpm's that you need (I'm not sure what
that package requires) and you will also need to have installed the QT
development rpm; libqt3-devel-3.0.5-7mdk.i586.rpm

Hope that helps,        Robin