On Saturday 21 Dec 2002 09:28, Anne Wilson wrote:
> Should it be necessary to reboot to get new hardware recognised?  In
> specific terms, in my struggle with usb devices, I have not yet got my
> camera recognised.  If I try different usb connections, will I need a
> reboot?  I have been assuming that I don't.  If I'm wrong, I need to
> start again.
>
> Anne

When I want to use my Fuji FinePix 2600z I pull the USB cable out of my
printer, stick it into the "in" socket on the hub which is in the base of
my LCD screen and plug the camera into an  "out" socket on the hub, issue
a mount command and I'm in business. No reboots, everything happens on the
fly.

Afterwards I reverse the above and the printer works again.

HTH
Pete
Ardnamurchan    Scotland