On Saturday 21 December 2002 08:12 am, you wrote:

>    To disable: APIC, use 'noapic', for ACPI use 'acpi=off', to limit
> memory requests to 4k use 'mem=nopentium'    EG,
>
> append=" mem=nopentium acpi=off noapic devfs=mount <whatever_else>"

Well, stuff me and bake me in my own sauce.... :-(

I was using "noapic" "nopentium" and "noacpi". Guess that doesn't work, huh?
<using closest heavy metal object to bang various parts of head>

Geez, i just spent the last 8-10 hours reinstalling 8.2 and setting it up my
way.

<sigh> Guess I'll go try 9.0 just -> ONE <- more time....

Thanks Tom, I appreciate the post...

I'll report back in a few hours as to how it comes out...

--

                                                           /\
                                                   Dark< >Lord