I'm delving into the realm of security and trying to understand the best
process for securing my linux machines, not only for Internet access,
but also in a LAN environment.

I've looked for information regarding the generic security levels but
can't find anything.  What I'd like to know, is exactly what are the
differences between Standard, High, Higher, and Paranoid?  What
different settings are set for High, Higher and Paranoid?  Is there any
in-depth documentation which details what each generic setting changes
on the system?

Thanks for any info.

Anthony