On December 23, 2002 10:57 pm, Chris Edwards wrote:
> I tried to install Crossover as root as per the installation
> instructions in order to have it available system wide. I even pointed
> it to my /usr/local/mozilla_1.3/plugins/ directory so that all account
> could use the plugins.
>
> 1. menu entries were not made in the K menu.  Menudrake showed the
> entries in the root K menu - not the system K menu. I then made these
> entries in the system menu and made sure that user Chris was using a
> system menu for his K menu.
> 2. When user Chris selected K menu, Crossover, Setup a dialog box asked
> him to log in as root to make changes.
> 3. When user Chris checked his Mozilla plig-ins settings they all had an
> error message indicating "do not load" or something to that effect.
>
> Any suggestions on how to install crossover for all users?

Chris;

If you're using v1.3 (alpha) of Mozilla I'm actually surprised that's the only
problem you're having. I've been using version 1.2.1 that I installed from
mozilla.org and all the plug-ins work as expected in Mozilla and Galeon,
exactly the way they did before I installed the "latest stable" release.

You may want to send a bug report to Mozilla about it. It is a test release
after all, but I think it's likely someone has probably beaten you to it. :-)

http://www.mozilla.org/bugs/

If you want to look that's the URL for bugzilla.

Regards;
--
Charlie
Edmonton,AB,Canada