On Friday 20 Dec 2002 11:31 pm, Francisco Alcaraz Ariza wrote:
> Anne,
> My camera is a Fuji FinePIx S602Zoom.
>
> I have pluged the usb cable of the camera to the second usb port (I have in
> it attached an scanner, but I just use it time to time); in the USB UHCI
> Root Hub, using usbview it appears the next:
>
> USB Mass Storage
> Serial Number: Y-364^^^^^020902XFJX0015012006
> Speed: 12Mb/s (full)
> USB Version:  1.10
> Device Class: 00(>ifc )
> Device Subclass: 00
> Device Protocol: 00
> Maximum Default Endpoint Size: 64
> Number of Configurations: 1
> Vendor Id: 04cb
> Product Id: 010a
> Revision Number: 10.00
>
> Config Number: 1
>       Number of Interfaces: 1
>       Attributes: c0
>       MaxPower Needed:   0mA
>
>       Interface Number: 0
>               Name: usb-storage
>               Alternate Number: 0
>               Class: 08(stor.)
>               Sub Class: 05
>               Protocol: 00
>               Number of Endpoints: 3
>
>                       Endpoint Address: 81
>                       Direction: in
>                       Attribute: 2
>                       Type: Bulk
>                       Max Packet Size: 64
>                       Interval: 0ms
>
>                       Endpoint Address: 02
>                       Direction: out
>                       Attribute: 2
>                       Type: Bulk
>                       Max Packet Size: 64
>                       Interval: 0ms
>
>                       Endpoint Address: 83
>                       Direction: in
>                       Attribute: 3
>                       Type: Int.
>                       Max Packet Size: 2
>                       Interval: 1ms
>

> I have the next modules loaded: usb, usb-core, ide-scsi, usb-storage
>
> next I have created a directory to mount the camera: mkdir -m 777
> /mnt/camera
>
> As soon I plug the camera, I can mount as root the pictures on the camera:
>
> mount -t auto /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera
>
> And one new directory appears into /mnt/camera with a subdirectory that
> show the pictures.
>
> In every case I use directly an usb port, not a usb-hub.
>
> Francisco Alcaraz
> Murcia (Spain)

My usb-view is very similar, but it appears that it isn't actually recognising
the camera as usb-storage.  This is what I get:

Unknown Device
Speed: 12Mb/s (full)
USB Version:  1.10
Device Class: 00(>ifc )
Device Subclass: 00
Device Protocol: 00
Maximum Default Endpoint Size: 64
Number of Configurations: 1
Vendor Id: 04cb
Product Id: 011a
Revision Number: 10.00

Config Number: 1
        Number of Interfaces: 1
        Attributes: c0
        MaxPower Needed:   0mA

        Interface Number: 0
                Name: (none)
                Alternate Number: 0
                Class: 08(stor.)
                Sub Class: 05
                Protocol: 00
                Number of Endpoints: 3

                        Endpoint Address: 81
                        Direction: in
                        Attribute: 2
                        Type: Bulk
                        Max Packet Size: 64
                        Interval: 0ms

                        Endpoint Address: 02
                        Direction: out
                        Attribute: 2
                        Type: Bulk
                        Max Packet Size: 64
                        Interval: 0ms

                        Endpoint Address: 83
                        Direction: in
                        Attribute: 3
                        Type: Int.
                        Max Packet Size: 8
                        Interval: 1ms

I wonder if there is a problem with having more than 1 usb-storage device
plugged in at once?  While I'm trying to cover all the options I'll unplug
the LS120 drive.  I've been reluctant to do that because of previous
problems, but I'm sure it will be sortable again.

Anne