On Wed, 2002-12-25 at 06:46, Jim Snyder wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just installed a new internal DVD player (Toshiba) and can see it in my
> Mandrake Control Center. It is on it's own cable and set as master.
> I do not know how to add the DVD to the /dev directory as it is not there and
> I cannot use my DVD players (Xine and Ogle). Ogle gives me an error message
> that /dev/dvd is not there. There was an HP CD burner in the slot previously
> and it was not functioning very well so it was unplugged some time ago and I
> have been using an external HP CD burner. Not sure if this matters.
>
> Is there a simple command to add the DVD?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> I cannot believe how cheap these players are now. This one was only $45 off
> the web.
>
> Jim Snyder

Here's how mine's setup;

/dev/cdrom -> /dev/dvd

I just did a:

ln -s /dev/cdrom /dev/dvd

...that was all she wrote!

--
Wed Dec 25 10:50:00 EST 2002
 10:50am  up  1:35,  3 users,  load average: 0.60, 0.47, 0.35

   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
--------------------------------
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

Bender: "Hey, guess what you're accessories to?"