Fw: [newbie] The MD Alternative to W2K and MacOS9.2
 From: Aurélio Diniz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I want the same has you! To work with inDesign, Freehand and Photoshop in
Linux.
I've just installed vmware (thanks to stephens!) and i'll give a try on
thursday.
I sincerely hope that BIG companies like Macromedia, Adobe, etc can one day
release linux versions of there products. When they do so, many like me
would not hesitate to trash their windows and enter the linux world. Until
then i can't get rid of my windows, permanently..

If you're looking for a vector art program, try: Scretch (not to sure right
now about the name). It's free and be used like coreldraw or freehand,
althought it's no match for neither.

cheers,

filipe

Yes Filipe, but I find Gimp very capable as a Photoshop replacement. I would
just like to be able to drag open images from an image viewer straight into
Gimp - something that is easy to do under W2K. It's probably possible under
MD, but I haven't found the light yet.