On Wednesday 25 December 2002 01:08 pm, you wrote:
> set up dns1 and dns2 servers maybe even try a dns3 put in the gateway
> information for experiment purposes order a static ip from the isp.
> Mandrake is funny when it comes to the internet.
>
> Give it a try

I gave that a shot, but it didn't make a difference.

Although, it seems to be a mute point for now.  In tinkering with LILO (I
also boot RH8.0 and SuSE8.0 from this machine), I hosed the boot loader.  Had
difficulty getting CD1's rescue mode to see the reiserfs of my 9.0 load, so I
simply went back to a fresh install.  (No, I didn't make a boot floppy the
first time, but I did this time.  Lesson learned.)

Everything is back up and running again for now.  I'll have to watch it as I
begin retracing my steps with the firewall and updates again.

Thanks for responding.

Barry