On Sat, 2002-12-28 at 14:26, Richard Babcock wrote:
> Greetings,
> I saw a post previously about Dave for connecting Macs and PC's. As I recall
> the poster was a Mac person. That being the case I would recommend PCMacLan
> rather than Dave. I connected my Dad's iMac to his Pentium II last year
> using Dave and found that it refused to relinquish control of file sharing
> permissions. While this may be acceptable for a PC network that has the
> occasional (tolerated) Macintosh it was just terrible when we wanted to
> share other folders or files between the iMac and his Performa.
> Installing PCMacLan made the Pentium II the 'adulterated' machine and left
> his iMac alone which was much more acceptable to him.
> I also seem to recall that you are going to take a laptop to a number of
> locations so installing PCMacLan in all of the locations may not be
> possible.
> FWIW
> Rich
> -----
> Richard L. Babcock, Owner
> Tower Training
> At Tower Training, We Bring the Classroom to You!
> www.towertraining.net

That's really wierd - cuz in the past five years of using DAVE in rather
"large" environments, I've never had issues with file locking
problems...and don't here at home, neither...

I'm not familiar with PCMacLan - but am going to check it out once the
holiday "rush" is over with...

--
Sun Dec 29 07:35:00 EST 2002
  7:35am  up 13:13,  7 users,  load average: 0.73, 0.74, 0.55

Cheit's Lament:
        If you help a friend in need, he is sure to remember you--
        the next time he's in need.