Derek Jennings wrote:
On Saturday 28 Dec 2002 4:10 pm, Kristjan wrote:

Hi

One short question
I want to have httpd enabled over lan but disabled to internet, so that I
can serve webpages to my LAN only.

Also I want to have remote accsess to my mandrake box over ssh, from LAN,
but nowhere else.

Probably I need to make some rules to shorewall, but need advise here. Or
are there any other places I need to look over ?

thanks
Kristjan

Easy enough just edit /etc/shorewall/rules It is full of examples. Right at the bottom are the actual rules. You will notice there is a line for each combination of traffic; Network to firewall, lan (or masq) to firewall, lan to net and so on. Just put the protocol names or port numbers in the appropriate line (http is port 80, ssh is port 22)
Then restart shorewall with 'service shorewall restart'

derek
but...what if your machine only has one network card in it? I've setup a machine with 9.0 and two nics with shorewall and it worked ok, but to get shorewall to work with one nic didn't seem doable.

--
Mark
"I had 49 days uptime until my wife brought the servers