OK, sounds good. So, what is the best way to go about making the chages? How did you find out that information? Again, I have a book, but little of the information in there for changing XFree86 settings seems to match what is on my machine. I don't know if Mandrake does things a little differently, or if my book is out of date. If anyone could point me to a good source of information, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Ross

From: Charles A Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Diamond Stealth Video Card, X and WaitForFifo
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 07:08:55 -0500

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 05:22:36 +0000
"Ross Bleakney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a Diamond Stealth Video 2500 card. When I try to install
> Mandrake 9.0, the installer thinks it is a SiS 5597 card. It doesn't
> work (even in VGA mode) if I set Mandrake to use SiS 5597 or Stealth
> Video 2500.

The card should have the Alliance AT24 chip and in XFree-4.x uses the
apm driver.

    Charles

The truth about a man lies first and foremost in what he hides.
		-- Andre Malraux
Mandrake Linux 9.1
Kernel- 2.4.20-2mdk

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 3 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU= http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_stopmorespam_3mf