OK got a question, hoping someone's got a fix.
I finally talked the better half into giving ME the nice computer (main) for  mandrake
linux (had to upgrade the other one and load windows on it) and have the 2nd computer
on windows.  Our home network runs through the main box via crossover cable and IP
masqerading to connect to the internet on our cable modem (AT&T)
I'm giving 9.0 One more try with new hardware in here that seems to be working better
but....
I've removed the apmd packages, xscreensaver packages, but still after a certain
amount of time the screen goes black.  When it does, it kills the network.  We're
using a simple firewall script with iptables for the IP masqerading.  Every time the
main computer's (screensaver?) kicks in, ya have to get up from the 2nd box, go to the
main box, hit the spacebar, open a terminal, login in as root, and re-run the
rc.firewall script.  I've tried and tried to STOP the screensaver from kicking in but
i'm at my wits end.  Can anyone give some suggestions?  I'd rather just turn the
monitor off when i'm away from it, not have any kind of software trying to run some
kind of power management.
Thanks in advance!
:-)
Jerry.