you might consider if there is a place in the BIOS to move the onboard sound .
My cat /proc/interrupts lists a few sharing IRQs and so far, while I cna say
I can create plenty of problems, I ain't chased any down to these particulre
sharings (wintv and Nvidia gf4 ti4200 on 10;, usb-uhci, usb-uhci, ohci1394,
eth0 on 11.
 cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0       CPU1
  0:     622827     623739    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  1:       1882       1859    IO-APIC-edge  keyboard
  2:          0          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  4:     204877     208292    IO-APIC-edge  serial
  5:     160473     160270   IO-APIC-level  Audigy
  8:          1          0    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
 10:     533363     532150   IO-APIC-level  bttv, nvidia
 11:        649        655   IO-APIC-level  usb-uhci, usb-uhci, ohci1394, eth0
 12:     121114     123355    IO-APIC-edge  PS/2 Mouse
 14:      23882      22327    IO-APIC-edge  ide0
 15:       4213       3657    IO-APIC-edge  ide1
NMI:          0          0
LOC:    1246685    1246607