On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 08:35:47PM +0200, Kristjan wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I have learned that anything is possible with Linux.
> only question is how to do that
>
> I have around 100 images that need to be prepared for a web presentation. That is
>html only site, so I can not use any fancy magics on the webside.
>
> They are different sizes 1028x768 and some are bit smaller.
>
> I need them in 2 sizes, all the same
> 1 - 187 x 140
> 2 - 512 x 348
>
> has anyone ides for me hoto do that. I rather spend some time to get it done
>automatically (and learn some more tricks), rather than manipulating with gimp
>manually.
>

> Kristjan

The easiest way would probably be to make two new directories and copy
the pictures to each of those directories. Then cd to one and do a
"mogrify -geometry 187!x140! *.jpg". Then go to the other directory and
do the same, but change the numbers to 512 and 348.

Check man mogrify, I think the "!" is used to force the dimension if the
aspect ratio is not 4:3, but I can't remember if it goes in front of
each number, after each number, or after the whole expression.

HTH,
Todd