Graham Pohle wrote:

I accidentally hit the wrong key and started a printing job that has 79
pages and I can not stop the printing job. I'm trying to find some
reading material on it at the moment, but if anyone knows how to stop a
printing job on Mandrake9.0 from the command line, please tell me, it
driving me mad each time I boot up, the job starts up again. At the
moment I have to keep my printer turned off, if I want to run linux.
I really needs some help on this one.
Graham

Best way to kill a print job is

lpq ( to show what printjob is running)

then
lprm (number) y/n y <enter>

that zaps the printjob, but everything that has reached
the printer's buffer memmory has to go through regardless,
one reason not to have a particularly large buffer printer memory.

unfortuneately none of th gui intefaces are much good at cancelling
printjobs, at least that has been my experience)
John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]