>>> "Chris" == Chris Smallhorne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[snip]

    Chris> The directory of kernel headers (version 2.2.9-19mdk) does
    Chris> not match your running kernel (version
    Chris> 2.2.9-27mdk). Consequently, even if the compilation of the
    Chris> module was successful, the module would not load into the
    Chris> running kernel."

[snip]

    Chris> messages during boot-up).  Can someone tell me (in simple
    Chris> terms) how I might be able to fix this error?  If you

[snip]

Upgrade kernel-headers to 2.2.9-27mdk.

But, you might want to check the VMware pages, since I believe vmware
doesn't work with 2.2.9-27.  It does work with other kernel versions.

--
Mike Fieschko, West Orange, NJ, USA
X-Face header is me! http://www.cs.indiana.edu/picons/ftp/faq.html