On Wednesday 08 Jan 2003 1:13 pm, cyberhades wrote:
> > On Wednesday 08 Jan 2003 12:32 pm, cyberhades wrote:
>
>  Driver?  What driver?
>
> > Joking apart, if it is a supported modem you will not need a
>
>  specific driver,
>
> > though you may need help to set up your connecton.
> >
> > Tell us what modem you got, and tell us what you have tried
>
> in the way of
>
> > setting up your connection.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Hi Anne
>
> I checked and according to some sites it works with Linux,
> but my LM 9 canīt find it ! Kppp also canīt see it.
> I donīt know, but maybe I have to put it in another slot.
> Does it make sense ?

I'm a bit unhappy about what I read on the web, after I had seen your request
for help.  The drivers around seem to be for windows - but then you would
expect that.  However, many say that it is a winmodem, thought others say it
is not.  Did you try the link I sent you?

http://www.pla.net.py/home/oliver/3com.html

This guy had problems setting his up, but sets out exactly how he got it
working.  It's certainly worth printing that out and trying things his way.

Anne