We have problems in America,  and sometimes we get politicians who should not
be elected, but the system eventually elects a different, hopefull better
politician.  (I'm currently involved in Constitutional litigation regarding
the lack of rights for divorced parents...)
Unity of an ideal holds us together,
"We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal,
that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that
among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."
Liberty is whats bugs others the most.
I do not like morons...
BUT
In our country a moron has the freedom to be a moron.  In many countries, he
would be in jail, tortured, or dead.
Which Country provided 95% of the money and troops when Iraq invaded Kuwait?
My home congregation built and STAFFED a hospital and clinic in Somolia
without any money or help from the US Goverment.  The People of our church
staffed it (Eastbrook, Milwaukee, WI, USA)  We would still be there helping
if not overrun by the civil war.
How many countries in the world community send out tens of thousands of its
citizens for health care, teaching, agricultural help.
Please explain to me the part about buying extra food from farmers for votes.
Farmers ARE NOT wealthy people in America.  Many of them enjoy the way of
life and work a second job in town to be able to afford to farm.
 I happen to dairy/vegetable farm along with other interests.  I started with
NOTHING, no family farm, no money, etc. and have been able to get going
without any goverment help, even while expending huge amounts of time on
divorce litigation, Civil rights (Constitutional issures), and raising a
daughter, homeschooling her.
Goverment does not help farmers, and encouraging large factory farms has in
fact hurt the small farmily farmer, Though small farms are beginning to
thrive again with direct consumer selling...
Being jealous of our liberty, and freedom to create inventions, science,
business, etc. does not solve the problems of the world.