El Mié 08 Ene 2003 23:36, Stephen Kuhn escribió:
> Case Mod: Computer Case Modification
>       I drilled out a six inch hole in the side of the computer case and
> mounted a 240v fan there. THAT's a case mod.

        Ohhh, yes! Me too, two holes and two fast fans 220v, one for each Deskstars.

> >     Another question: With what ambient temp you got this 33c to 40c?
>
> Hmmm...dunno if I know what ya mean - otherwise, my CPU is running at
> 38c, my motherboard at 33c, and the case (in general) is 22c

        Another try: In my limited English, 'ambient temp' is the temp as reported by
the weather channels, or the CNN; the temp in your home, the temp around your
Case Mod.

> >     Another and final: You did not get hddtemp to work under Ksensors, or
> > hddtemp not work at all for you? I have got hddtemp to work as
> > root+xterminal, but can't integrate it in Ksensors.

> Nah -  I just bought a "stick it" thermometer from the local electronics
> store - neat little lcd display...physically attached TO two of the
> drives...

        Yeahhh...! Me too. I have one of this sticker thermometer. A very useful
stuff. Now, it's dedicated to temp check my video digitizer card.

> >     At file:/usr/share/doc/ksensors-0.7/README, said: "Now KSensors can show
> > harddisk temperatures (only in modern harddisks).
> > You must install HDDtemp program from Emmanuel Varagnat.
> > HDDTemp must be in PATH to allow KSensors use it.
>
> AH...ok...then I'll have to find it and get it working! Muy bien!

        You can begin here: http://coredump.free.fr/linux/harddrive.html, and tell us
what you get.

        Tu español es muy bueno.

        Gracias y suerte.